Subject: Re: Small request...
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

9 Apr 1998 05:40:48 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <4575832C8E71D111AC4100A0C96B5127E83EDD@FMSMSX36>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 11:20 AM 4/7/98 -0700, you wrote:
>This is kind of a gnu-win32 list administrative request...  Could we have
>the listserver prepend the standard [gnu-win32] tag in the subject?  Helps
>make filtering mail a little easier.

Could we NOT do this.  The answer to simpler filtering is use a mailer that
can filter correctly, not bung up the subject lines with stuff that can be
deduced from other header fields.  Any combination of Sender, To or CC
containing gnu-win32 should do the job.

If the admins want to work on the mailing list server then can we do
something about the really slow turn-around of messages - somewhere between
1 and 6 days is getting to be normal - maybe we should just move over to a
newsgroup.

Guy

-- 
Guy Gascoigne - Piggford ([email-masked])
Software Engineer, Informix Software, Inc. (Portland, Oregon)

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".