Subject: Problem with new-cygwin.dll.gz
From: [email-masked] (Emil Hallin)

9 Apr 1998 05:27:25 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <no.id>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

I think that the problem is the files are somehow being downloaded as
text files; possibly some browser is not recognizing the ".gz" extension
and defaults to treating unrecognized files as if they were text? The
download works fine for me, but I have associated the .gz extension with
winzip in my browser. Right clicking on the link and choosing "save as"
to force a binary download might solve the problem some people are
having. That often solves problems I have with browser downloads.
	emil
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".