Subject: Re: Motif/Xt/Xlib
From: [email-masked] (Marc Dzaebel)

9 Apr 1998 04:05:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: Marc Dzaebel <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

> At 11:35 AM 4/2/98 -0800, Xavier Plasencia wrote:
> >No, WxWin is a wrapper for Motif, therefore wxWin needs motif to 
compile.
> >Lesstif is the only free motif clone.
> 
> Larry Hall <[email-masked]>:
> I don't think this is completely true.  I believe there is a 
version of 
> wxWin for Windows which uses native Windows GUI constructs and 
therefore
> does not need lesstif.  This information is still not helpful for 
Marc
> though...

You're quite right.  On Solaris wxWindows needs XView 3.x or Motif
1.2.x which is distributed with the OS since 2.6.  (including CDE).
However, on MS Windows or NT it only needs Microsoft C/C++ version
7 or above, or Borland C++ version 3.1 (other compilers may work).
I did not try wxWindows yet. For my case lesstif or wxWin may
may work.

See
http://web.ukonline.co.uk/julian.smart/wxwin/manuals/html/wx/wx5.ht
m#requirements

Thanks for your comments.

Marc

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".