Subject: RE: TTYs and non-cygwin code...
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

9 Apr 1998 02:47:18 -0700
Message-ID: <01BD622A.A8B73790.cygnus.gnu-win32@drs>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

John Kubiatowicz wrote:
> Forgive me if this is a misunderstanding, but is it the case that one
> cannot launch non-cygwin interactive applications from bash when tty
> support is turned on?  I have seen this behavior for some applications,

The behavior depends of the application. When tty support is enabled, 
stdin/stdout/stderr are redirected to a pipes, connected to "controlling 
tty". If the application does ReadFile() or WriteFile() on this handles, it 
works fine. For example, NT's cmd.exe started from bash works without 
problems. But if the application uses console api calls with this handles, 
it fails.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".