Subject: REVISITED: telnetd: all network ports are in use
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

8 Apr 1998 13:26:01 -0700
Message-ID: <C1A9DAABC292D111A4D90000F879A2BA0EE8.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Gnu Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>

After replies to my earlier postings on this subject, I noticed that my
NT SERVER (with Gnu b19, NT4 SP3) to which I am telnetting had an MSDN
copy of NT Server on it.
So I scrapped it and installed a retail copy of NT Server and set
everything up again.

After doing this, I can now telnet 15 times to the machine (as opposed
to the 8 on the previous install) before running out of network ports.
I have increased the license level on the machine to a silly value (just
for testing of course) - not that I expected it to make any difference,
and indeed it didn't.

Has anyone else succeeded in logging in multiple times to an NT Server
(i.e., more than 15 times)?

Is the restriction with the operating system or with the GNU Win32?

Ian Collins. 
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".