Subject: RE: Ported: mSQL (partial success: details)
From: [email-masked] (Sergey Okhapkin)

8 Apr 1998 12:30:07 -0700
Message-ID: <01BD62C8.1E76DF10.cygnus.gnu-win32@sos>
To: cygwin32 <[email-masked]>, "'Marius van Wyk'" <[email-masked]>

Marius van Wyk wrote:
> Onother problem, only seemingly with b19, is that it detects the total number
> of sockets/file descriptors in msql.c as 32, this is a problem since msql
> reserves 42, leaving you with -10 to do connections with! I find that
> commenting out the code that auto-detects this, defaulting to 60, and then
> leaving 22 connections solves this: BUT ONE WONDERS - why only 32? Is this
> right? Am I going to have a lockup in msql sometime?
> 

Cygwin has unlimited number of file handles (fd table grows when it's neccessary). But the initial size is 32. 

-- 
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".