Subject: ld -r (relocatable link)
From: [email-masked] (Simon Tuffs)

8 Apr 1998 11:26:14 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

The GNU-WIN32 linker (ld) appears to be unable to perform relocatable
linking, and when faced with an object module built that way, it
crashes.  I have seen others on this group comment that ld -r is not
supported, and I was wondering was there a technical reason, or
otherwise.  I need this capability, and I will be happy to implement it
if I can, and if others can help me get started.  I am currently working
around the problem by using the archiver to build archives rather than
relinkable object modules.

For those interested, we need the relocatable object modules so we can
link together code which would otherwise declare duplicate functions
(with conflicting parameter types).  By pre-linking the individual
modules before the final link we ensure that there are no symbol
conflicts at final link time.

--
Simon Tuffs
Systems Architect
Octant Technologies Inc

(remove -nospam from return address to reply by mail).

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".