Subject: RE: going mad
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

7 Apr 1998 20:44:17 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Michael Harnois <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---Michael Harnois <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> > Before anyone can help, you need to give examples of how you
reproduce
> > your problem.  Include a description of your platform.
> 
> How I reproduce my problem: try to execute a program that's not
found; run
> configure scripts; compile programs. Any or all of these actions may
result
> in a random lockup. Or may not. If it were more consistent than
that, I
> certainly would tell you, but it's not. The only thing that I don't
think
> has ever caused one is executing a single program from the command
line.
> 
> My platform is gray laminate over compressed wood fiber, about 28"
high, 26"
> deep, 6" long ... oh, that's not what you wanted, is it? I have two
machines

Ha! Ha! Ha! ;^)

> with identical symptoms: both running Win95 OSR2, one a P166 with a
6GB hard
> drive and 32MB of memory, one a P166MMX laptop with a 2GB HD and
32MB of
> memory.
> 
> -

Before starting bash add to the list of values for the CYGWIN32
environment variable "tty".  Doing this may cause problems with
non-cygwin programs though.

Have downloaded the cygwinb19.dll update from Sergey Okhapkin?  This
will solve some problems; however, may not solve yours.  See the URL
list below.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".