Subject: Redirection under Makefile
From: [email-masked] (Ron Karpel)

7 Apr 1998 13:17:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: gnu-win32 <[email-masked]>

Hi,

I have a funny problem with make. I use binutils-2.8.1 configured to
generate mips binaries under gnu-win32. This works generally, except for
this funny problem with redirection in make. The command line:

mips-ecoff-objdump -j .text -s test > test.obj
mips-ecoff-objdump: permission denied
make: *** [test.hex] Error 2

fails on the redirection. It works if I take the redirection to test.obj
out. Only then I get the output on stdout. The redirection works fine
from the bash command line. it fails only from make. The only solution I
found is to copy bash.exe to  /bin/sh.exe (seems that ash is not really
that stable), and to add:

SHELL = /bin/sh

to the makefile

Please note that X86 objdump in the B19 distribution does not have this
problem, only  mips-ecoff-objdump which I compiled myself. I tried to
copy all the changes that where made to B19 objdump into the
binutils-2.8.1 objdump, but that didn't help.

Thanks,

--
Ron Karpel
email: [email-masked]
home page: http://home.earthlink.net/~karpel/ron.html

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".