Subject: Re: RPC
From: [email-masked] (Tim Newsham)

7 Apr 1998 13:17:07 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked] (Carlos del Castillo Peralta)
Cc: [email-masked]

> Hi:
>     I'm trying to port some RPC apps, so do you know if gnucygnus has
> all the necesary files, or what do I need to make some RPC's in Win NT??
> 
>         Thank you very much

You will have to get the RPC libraries and build them.  This will
involve some header file tweaks to things like <sys/types.h> (either
that or tweaking the rpc libraries headers).  Then you will
have to build rpcgen.  You will probably have to comment out
get getrpcby*() stuff in one of the cygwin headers as it conflicts
with (at least 1 versions of) the rpc libraries.

I think RPC libraries would be a good target for eventual inclusion
in the cygnus release (most systems ship with RPC libraries these
days).

>   Carlos del Castillo Peralta.
>   [email-masked]

                                      Tim N.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".