Subject: Re: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION - one solution:
From: [email-masked] (Marius van Wyk)

7 Apr 1998 12:49:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: cygwin32 <[email-masked]>

I got this error message too, it came mostly from bash during a 'make'.
I found by disabling my SHELL environment variable solves this sometimes.
It happens when make shells out scripts or other makes, I find that a
statement/rule like:

test:
	(cd src;make)

would case it when I have my Makefile SHELL set to bash, but

test:
	cd src;make

would not.

All I do now is to nuke all references to a SHELL both in my Makefiles and in
my shell startup scripts.

regards,
Marius.
-----`-,-@
marius van wyk.         [email-masked]         tel: +27 (83) 274 7855
notice: My email is spam-protected, so please add the word "antispam" to
  the subject field the first time you send to me.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".