Subject: No echo when using telnet with inetd on b19
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

7 Apr 1998 11:02:02 -0700
Message-ID: <C1A9DAABC292D111A4D90000F879A2BA0ECF.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Gnu Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>

I have finally got inetd to work such that I can login (telnet) to my
b19 server.
However, I am having a problem with character echo when I telnet to my
gnu b19 server.

If I use the Microsoft telnet program (the one that comes with 95/NT),
then all characters that I type are immediately echoed back (this is the
normal, expected action).

But if I use any other telnet program, or if I try to telnet from, e.g.,
a unix master console, or EVEN if I use Microsofts telnet to telnet to a
Unix machine, then from that login, I telnet to my gnu b19 server, then
I only see the characters that I have typed AFTER I have hit RETURN.

(Sounds like the old half duplex to me).
Does anyone have any ideas?

Ian Collins. 
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".