Subject: stdout when in gdb when using CYGWIN32=tty
From: [email-masked] (Ian Collins)

7 Apr 1998 10:58:42 -0700
Message-ID: <C1A9DAABC292D111A4D90000F879A2BA0ED0.cygnus.gnu-win32@NTMAIL>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: "'Gnu Mailing list'" <[email-masked]>

stdout doesn't appear to be flushed when running a program in gdb.
This is only a problem when CYGWIN32=tty is set (but I need this
otherwise ioctl fails).

For example, if I run a hello world (below) in gdb and break at the
printf and step over it, I don't see any output. 
However, if I fprintf to stderr, I do see immediate output.
I also see immediate output when tty is turned off in CYGWIN32

main()
{
printf("hello world\n");
}

Is there an additional setting I can make to CYGWIN32 to change this
behaviour?

Ian Collins. 
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".