Subject: B19 runs okay with Win95, Netware?
From: [email-masked] (Mark H. Wood)

7 Apr 1998 09:02:27 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Gnu-Win32 list <[email-masked]>

Should I be able to use beta 19 installed on a Netware file server (with 
long namespace loaded), running on Windows 95, and accessed through 
Novell's Client32?  I keep getting the dreaded "installation error" 
complaining that cpp couldn't be found.  The FAQ said this means that 
some environment variable is undefined, but I checked and it is defined 
and looks correct.  (I couldn't find any doco. on just how it *should* be 
defined, but I'm getting it set by the CYGNUS.BAT that the install kit 
built for me.)  If I tinker with it (replacing short names with long 
ones) I can get past that, but then get a similar message about inability 
to find as .  ???

(I really don't want to install locally.  The workstation is a test 
system that might be blown away at any time (except for my roving 
profile).  Besides, this sort of package belongs on a file server anyway. 
:-|  )

-- 
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [email-masked]
One more time:  a (level-2) switch is a bridge.  A "level-3 switch" is
a router.  Deal with it.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".