Subject: Re: B19 gcc wont produce executables
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

7 Apr 1998 09:01:19 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

You need the updated cygwinb19.dll from Sergey Okhapkin's page.  URL is 
listed below.

>Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:38:53 +0000
>From: John Massingham <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: B19 gcc wont produce executables
>
>Hi, 
>
>I have just downloaded cdk.exe for B19 for a first time look at
>the gnuwin32 project and have come across the following problems:
>
>1. for interest, cdk wont install straight away as it cant find 
>   setup.lid this can be got round by installing the usertools first
>
>2. more seriously, after installing everything, cdk and usertools,
>   I try to compile "hello world" using gcc. the compiler munches
>   away then exits as if everything is OK but...
>   there is no executable! What am I donig wrong?
>
>   I have just downloaded b18 and "hello world" compiles fine.
>   B18 gcc --version = cygnus-2.7.2-970404
>   B18 gcc --version = 2.7-B19
>
>3. Now gcc B19 gives me an error saying that I dont have permission to 
run
>   c:\cygnus\b19\H-i386~1\lib\gcc-lib\i386-cygwin32\2.7-B19\cpp.exe !!!
>
>I'll stick to B18 for now!!
>
>John
>
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".