Subject: Re: cygwin b19 and gmp-2.0.2
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

7 Apr 1998 03:20:45 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: David Goldberg <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]

---David Goldberg <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> I compiled the gnu multiple precision library gmp-2.0.2
> with both cygwin version b19 and mingw32.  When I used the resulting
> library, I had a problem with cygwin that did not occur with mingw32
> (this is under NT 4.0).
> 
> When compiling a program using the gmp routine mpz_out_str()
> I got the error ___imp__iob undefined.
> 

Let me guess, you compiled with mingw32 first.  When recompiling for
CYGWIN, make sure that you remove all *.o's and *.a's in the package. 
Also, remove the config.cache file and run configure again.  I'm under
the impression that ___imp__iob is the array used in the CRTDLL to map
io descriptors to Win32 handles; see the stdio.h file in the
Mingw32/include directory for the definitions of stdin, stdout and
stderr.

Or maybe your problem is that you've got a mix of CYGWIN and MINGW32
header files.  Make sure that when you want to compile for CYGWIN you
don't have MINGW32 in the path variables.

> Here is the program and the output of gcc:
> 
> bash-2.01$ cat bug.c
> #include <stdio.h>
> #include "gmp.h"
> 
> main(argc, argv)
>      char **argv;
> {
>     mpz_t x;
> 
>     mpz_init_set_ui(x, 23);
>     mpz_out_str(stdout, 10, x);
>     printf("\n\n");
>     fflush(stdout);
> }
> bash-2.01$
> bash-2.01$ gcc bug.c -L. -lgmp
> ./libgmp.a(out_str.o): In function `mpz_out_str':
> /TEMP/gmp/mpz/out_str.c:47: undefined reference to `__imp__iob'
> bash-2.01$
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)
http://www.dol.ru/users/valtul      (Valery Tulnikov - software ports)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".