Subject: Re: Trying to login in
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

6 Apr 1998 19:58:53 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: Sergey Okhapkin <[email-masked]>
Cc: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

Sergey Okhapkin wrote:

> Walter Garcia-Fontes wrote:
>
> What the trap address was? Was it in cygwinb19.dll (0x1000XXXX) or in
> telnetd (0x4xxxxx)?
>

(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) Exception trapped!(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe
2012) exception C0000005 at 401476
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) exception: ax 0 bx 10055630 cx 0 dx 0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) exception: si 0 di 1 bp 240FDF8 sp 240FB5C
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) exception is: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) Stack trace:
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 0: sp = 0x240F88C, pc = 0x10009E40
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 1: sp = 0x240F9AC, pc = 0x77FA4512
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 2: sp = 0x240F9D0, pc = 0x77F98EEB
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 3: sp = 0x240FA5C, pc = 0x77F86266
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 4: sp = 0x240FDF8, pc = 0x100069E9
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 5: sp = 0x240FF94, pc = 0x100069FB
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 6: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc = 0x4026B5
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 7: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc = 0x40103A
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 8: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc = 0x77F1B304
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) frame 9: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc = 0x0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 2012) End of stack trace

> > 2) the telnetd daemon recognizes my passwords, but the ftpd
> > daemon does not. Is it supposed to be like this?
> >
>
> ftpd was not ported. It just compiles without errors:-)
>

Understood!

> > This one is tougher. My NT box lives in a Novell network. When I
> > telnet in, the network drives are not seen. "net use" will tell
> > me that there are no entries in the  list. But if I want to
> > reconnect to the network "net use x: \\server\volume" it will
> > tell me that x: is already in use. Anyone knows what's going on
> > and if I can access the network?
> >
>
> This may happen if the other user, logged on locally on NT, have some drive
> mapped to x:. No way to fix the problem. Use UNC names to access the
> network.
>

I tried using the UNC names, but still can't access anything from the network.
I have probably to login again to the network, but haven't been able to find
any non-gui login to the Novell network (!). Anway,  I'll keep trying to see if
I can find a fix for this. Thanks anyway!

Walter Garcia-Fontes

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".