Subject: Windows Serial Ports
From: [email-masked] (John Massingham)

6 Apr 1998 18:22:40 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: GnuWin32 List <[email-masked]>

Hi All,

Has anyone tried talking to the serial ports under gnuwin32?

If so, how did you do it, can you make use of mscomm.dll etc
in order to have access to MS comm classes eg comm1.port = 1
or can you just write directly to the hardware at address 
0x3F8 for example?

Any help greatly appreciated, I have come this far with 
gnu-win32 (which I think is great) and don't want to have to
fall back to Micro$loth at the last hurdle!!

cheers

John
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".