Subject: Re: Missing GNU construct for compiling libtcl80?
From: [email-masked]

6 Apr 1998 16:07:12 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>I have been working at debugging a gnu makefile for tcl8, and I
>got an error for the following code in tclWin32Dll.c:

>===============================================================
>    try {
>	alloca(TCL_WIN_STACK_THRESHOLD);
>	return 1;
>    } except (1) {}
>===============================================================

>It looks as though the next frontier in GNU gcc compilers is the
>Microshaft `try - except' construct.

I don't see that in my copy of tclWin32Dll.c, but in general you are
correct.  gcc needs to learn the try/except construct when running on
Windows.  What it needs to do is documented in the cygwin32
exceptions.h header file.  It would be great if somebody worked on
this.

Ian
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".