Subject: Re: B19: Console input problems
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

6 Apr 1998 09:31:33 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

This is a known problem.  A workaround is to use the ^Z for enter.  
Don't know why it works that way it just does.

I've only seen this problem with configure scripts on W95.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 09:44:33 -0700
From: Daniel Sands <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Subject: B19:  Console input problems

I have noticed a couple of problems with the latest beta.  Sorry if
these have been covered already, but I have no time to search the
archives.

1)  I have a configure script that does READs for user input.  The first
read works correctly, but the second does not even pause for input. 
It's as if the CR was not removed from the input buffer.  This happens
with or without TTY support.

2) I tried making a simple test case:  A single read statement in a
script.  I ran the script with "sh test.sh", where sh.exe is the copy of
BASH in the /bin directory.  After the read, BASH does a core dump,
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Any fixes for this?
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".