Subject: B19: Missing seekdir()
From: [email-masked] (Everett Stauffer)

5 Apr 1998 03:59:54 -0700
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi-

  I've been working on porting over a version of the MudOS driver
using cygwin32B19(p1).  Everything has gone pretty well (had to add
a few lines here and there to .h files), but I'm getting an error
with respect to a missing implementation of seekdir().

  The specific error messages is:
  "undefined reference to 'seekdir'"

I've compiled with -D__STDC__ to get the versions I need from
sys/dir.h, but the last line with:
  #define rewinddir(dirp) seekdir((dirp), (long)0)
seems to be the source of my problem.  Well, that and I _need_
that define for rewinddir.

  I grabbed the cdk source and found a winnt section that implements
seekdir for libc.a.  However, I've had no luck compiling the source
with the CDK I have installed.

  I can not compile with -lc, due to the implicit(?) inclusion of
-lcygwin (previous define error).  I am using -lgcc as well.

  My suspicion is that seekdir() is not compiled into libcygwin.a,
though what I've seen in the source tree would make me think it should
be there.

  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Everett
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".