Subject: B19 (egcs) bug report: missing c++ wrapper in byteorder.h
From: [email-masked] (Orran Y Krieger)

5 Apr 1998 03:04:43 -0700
Message-ID: <5010300016667196000002L062*.cygnus.gnu-win32@MHS>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
To: <[email-masked]>

Bug report in the file:
/Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/include/asm/byteorder.h

It is missing the standard cplusplus stuff, i.e:
#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif
  ,,,
#ifdef __cplusplus
}
#endif

If you include this file (e.g. indirectly by including <netinet/in.h>) when
compiling with g++ with no optimizations you get htons undefined.  This was
probably missed because if you compile with optimizations the routines defined
in this file are turned into macroes.

I am using egcs-1.02, (from
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ ) and it is possible
that file came from the egcs distribution.
   -- Orran Krieger
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".