Subject: Building Perl
From: [email-masked] (Ueli Schlaepfer)

3 Apr 1998 16:20:10 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi everybody,

	being new to both this list and GNU-WIN32, I'm just trying to compile
perl 5.004, which seems to be a useful tool just to have somewhere. I
found a few hints in the archives, which I followed. I ran configure
seemeingly successfully - however, make now fails. Since I'm not an
expert on make either, I hope to find some help here. The error message
is the following:

make: *** No rule to make target
`F:\\CYGNUS\\H-I386~1\\lib\\gcc-lib\\i386-cygwin32\\2.7-B19\\../../../../i386-cygwin32/include/_ansi.h',
needed by `miniperlmain.o'.  Stop.

The header file is in the path that make returns in the message.

BTW, I'm running B19.1 on a Windows 95 box

Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

-- Thanks, Ueli

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ueli Schlaepfer, Building Mechatronics, IESL, Mitsubishi Electric Corp.
1-1, Tsukaguchi-Honmachi 8-Chome, Amagasaki, Hyogo, 661, Japan
Tel: ++81-(0)6-497-7672				Fax: ++81-(0)6-497-7726
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".