Subject: Re: Problems with b19.1
From: [email-masked] (Michael Hirmke)

3 Apr 1998 16:20:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Hi Jon,

>I'm having problems with b19.1 and its interaction with cmd. I used
>(under b18 and b17) to be able to do things like

DOS>>sh foo

>where foo is a shell script on the %PATH% defined in the system
>environment. This no longer works. It gives the error message foo:
>Can't open foo, which I think is sh saying it can't find foo.I also
>used to be able to do things like

Perhaps shebang (#!) in foo is set to an incorrect shell path ?
Or perhaps your DOS path does not contain the path to foo ?
I only get this error message, if my DOS path does not contain my shell
script directory.

>
>which foo.bat
>
>from within a shell script. Now the which program (not part of
>gnu-win32) no longer finds foo.bat. I suspect sh is not passing it the
>correct path variable.

Uhm, did you try "type foo.bat" instead ?

Bye.
Michael.
--
Michael Hirmke           | Telefon +49 (911) 557999
Georg-Strobel-Strasse 81 | FAX     +49 (911) 557664
90489 Nuernberg          | E-Mail  mailto:[email-masked]
                         | WWW     http://minimike.franken.de/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".