Subject: Re: B19.1: BASH hangs the system.
From: [email-masked] (Jeffrey C. Fried)

3 Apr 1998 12:33:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

I have a variation occuring under NT 4.0/pl3.  When bash cannot find a
command it starts a modem dialup window warning me that in 15 seconds it
will dial out to some unknown machine to make a PPP connection.  Any
suggestions for resolving this problem would be appreciated.

.... jeff

At 08:38 PM 3/20/98 -0500, John M. Miano wrote:
>I installed B19 and found that Windoze '95 would hang up the system when
running BASH. After checking the FAQ I found that this was a known problem
and was fixed in B19.1 so I installed the upgrade.
>
>I have found the frequency of Windoze lockups is no better under B19.1
than B19. The situation where I find this problem to occur seems to be when
I enter a command that the shell cannot execute (file does not exist, error
in my path, typo, etc). Unfortunately the problem occurs with a frequency
that makes using BASH not an option.
>
>JMM
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>
>
--
Jeffrey C. Fried      [email-masked]

   Because a liar tells the truth does not mean the truth is a lie.

NOTICE: I charge $500.00 for each unsolicited advertisement i receive as email
to cover the cost of my time to review and possibly respond to your
advertisement.
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".