Subject: Re: text file format
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 Apr 1998 07:42:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
To: Harry Chen <[email-masked]>
Cc: gw32 <[email-masked]>

If your talking about the dos text line endings:

cp file junk
tr -d "\r" < junk > file
rm junk

The "\r" means carriage return or ^M.  The other thing is to check the
documentation for the ftp your using and see if it will translate for
you.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

---Harry Chen <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know what will be the best solution to eliminate ^H which
> append to every text file that is created under windows? This speicial
> control char cause problems for some non-gnu compiler to fail on UNIX.
> 
> Can cygwin32 take care this problem?
> 
> ---
> Harry L. Chen			
> [email-masked]
> Laboratory for Advanced Information Technology
> University Of Maryland Baltimore County
> 
> Public PGP Key: http://www.cs.umbc.edu/~hchen4/pub/pgp
> 
> -
> For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a
message to
> "[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
> 

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".