Subject: Re: Problems with .rc files
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 Apr 1998 03:14:49 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

Hi Jason,

You need to create a .o file from the .res file and link it with the 
program.  You may have better luck with windres which can be found on 
Colin's page.  It is also distributed with the newest version of 
egcs-mingw32.

>Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 21:51:23 -0800
>From: Jason Dagit <[email-masked]>
>Reply-To: [email-masked]
>To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: Problems with .rc files
>
>Ok, you people have helped me get this far, can you help with this
>problem?
>
>I downloaded wxWindows.  After much hacking about I got it to compile. 
>But, before I could do that I had to download a file called rcl.exe and
>another one called rsrc.exe.  Does anyone know how to get them to work? 
>I mean, I figured out how to set their paths and they can find all the
>files they need, but they don't seem to do anything.  I have Win95 (not
>NT) and B19.1.  I do something like "rcl -i generic.rc -r generic.res"
>then I can do "rsrc generic.res generic.exe".  This (as far as I can
>tell) is supposed to link the resource file generic.rc to my
>application, but when I run generic.exe it is the same as it was
>before.  BTW, I'm following an example I found on MSDN for making a
>"GENERIC" application, the rc file is supposed to give me a file menu
>and an about dialog, but something isn't working correctly.
>
>Thank you,
>Jason
>-
>For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
>"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".