Subject: Re: Win95 system hang building CVS
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

3 Apr 1998 02:08:19 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

>Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 18:12:33 -0500
>From: "Dennis T. Cook" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: Win95 system hang building CVS
>
>When running 'configure' for CVS (from 'download.cyclic.com',
>'/pub/cvs-1.9.26/cvs-1.9.26.tar.gz'), Win95 hangs every time
>part way through the 'configure' operation, necessitating a reboot.
>

Have you updated the cygwinb19.dll?  If not get the one from Sergey 
Okhapkin's page.  URL is listed below.

What does the config.log have about the command it is trying to execute 
when it "hangs"?

Is it possible to comment out that portion of the configure script?

>Simple compiling and linking operations work OK.
>
>I'm using 'bash' for '/bin/sh', not 'sh'.
>
>/Cygnus/B19> uname -a
>CYGWIN32_95 COOK 4.0 19.1 i586 unknown
>
>
>Dennis T Cook
>

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".