Subject: RE: telnetd: All network ports are in use
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

2 Apr 1998 23:05:28 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Ian Collins'" <[email-masked]>,
        "'Gnu Mailing list'"
	 <[email-masked]>

This is a limitation on NT4 imposed by MS. If you want to change it, the 
official wrap is that you have to buy NT Server for the number of 
connections you want. I'm sure we all can rant and rave about MS doing 
this, but it's done. You'll either have to live with it, pay the beast, or 
hack it. (Which is in violation of the license agreement, so I in no way 
condone it, but I wouldn't hold it against any of my friends for doing it. 
I won't tell you how to do it since it involves the registry and can badly 
mess up your machine.)

I know that isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, but that's how 
it goes. . . I hope this at least helps a little.

Terry

-----Original Message-----
From:	Ian Collins
Subject:	telnetd: All network ports are in use

When using inetd (with Sergeys latest - 27 march - patch), after
telnetting 8 times to my gnu b19 machine (NT4 Server SP3), I get
telnetd: All network ports in use.

Where is this defined? How do I increase it?

Also, why aren't characters echoed when I telnet to my gnu b19 machine
from a unix machine? They are echoed if i telnet from a windows machine
(either using Windows telnet or the gnu b19 telnet).

Ian Collins.
KIWIPLAN NZ.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".