Subject: How to make import libraries?
From: [email-masked] (Mark H. Wood)

2 Apr 1998 22:44:07 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: Gnu-Win32 list <[email-masked]>

I see lots of discussion and FAQ text on how to *create* .DLLs, but 
nothing on how to *use* them.  The FAQ says I must link with an "import 
library", but doesn't tell me how to create one from an existing .DLL.  
I'd like to use GNU-Win32 to build Win32-native tools for working with 
Netware, but that means I need to be able to call stuff in e.g. 
NWCALLS.DLL for which there is no built-in include library in the 
GNU-Win32 kit.  I'd have thought that this is a f.a.q. but apparently not?

I rummaged around and found a program in the kit called dlltool, but could
find *no* documentation for it (and yes, I did download the manpage/info
kit too) so I can't even tell if it is what I'm looking for.  Clues
welcomed.  Thanks.... 

-- 
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   [email-masked]
One more time:  a (level-2) switch is a bridge.  A "level-3 switch" is
a router.  Deal with it.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".