Subject: egcs-1.0.2-mingw32 fix 1: cpp.exe
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

2 Apr 1998 18:56:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Dear Mingw32 EGCS users:

Due to a bug in CRTDLL on Windows 95, cpp.exe supplied with egcs 1.0.2 
distribution for mingw32 cannot find any include files. This does not 
happen on a NT 4.0 SP#3 system, which where I test the releases.

I've extracted a patch from gcc-2.8.1 that enables it work equally well
on W95 and NT systems.

Please see the Update/Fixes are on my web page to download, or just go
directly to the ftp site and see under "fixes" directory.

Thanks to Richard Stanton for pointing out the problem and subsequent
help in testing the fix.

File: cppfix.zip (instructions on ftp site, README.cpp, and in archive)

Web: 
  http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/index/
   -> EGCS 1.0.2 and binutils 980303 release for Mingw32
    -> Updates/Bugs/Release goofs for Mingw32 version
     -> [takes you to the ftp site]

FTP:
  ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/releases/fixes/

Current list of mirrors:

USA:
  Madison, WI 	ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/
  Omaha, NE	ftp://ftp.hksys.com/pub/mirrors/EGCS-Win32/

Europe:
  Portugal	ftp://ftp.eq.uc.pt/pub/software/msdos/win95/gnu-win32/
  Romania	ftp://coanda.propulsion.pub.ro/pub/gnu-win32/

Regards,
Mumit

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".