Subject: Re: B19.1 cygnus.bat returns "Out of env. space" error
From: [email-masked] (Roland Hartmann)

2 Apr 1998 12:27:11 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

At 22:58 21.03.98 EST, you wrote:
>Hello.  I've increased environmental space to 8192 with "shell=C:\command.com
>/e:8192 /p" in config.sys.  I've updated cygwinb19b.dll to the one dated
>03/20/98(?).  Win95 version is 4.00.95a. running on Pentium 100mhz with 24mg
>RAM.  What would you do if this were your problem?  Thanks in advance.  Jack
>Mills

This is actually a W95 question but a gcc one and it should be in the faq.
I think you start the shell by doubleclicking on the Cygwin32 Beta 19 button
in the "Start->Programs"-Entry or on the "cygnus.bat" in
%CYGROOT%\H-I386~1\BIN or 
you may already have a link to your desktop.
Then you have to press the right mousebutton to get to the Options, go to
"Memory"
(the 4th from left, in my german version it is named "Speicher") and set the
Environment-Memory away from automatic to what-you-like (mine is working
with 1024 yte).
I think that should do the trick better than the change of "config.sys"
because the
"automatic" environment space is not working correct.
Anyone correct me if you have a better idea or my explanation may be too
low-level.

HTH

Roland
-- 
Roland Hartmann mail:[email-masked]

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".