Subject: Re: b19: Sh configure Win 95
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

2 Apr 1998 05:39:40 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]

Hi Tim,

1) Get the updates from Sergey Okhapkin.  (See URL list below)

2) Make sure that CYGWIN32 environment variable contains "binmode" in    
its list of values.

3) Make sure that your filesystem is mounted text=binary.
   A) to find out execute the "mount" command with no arguments
   B) to change the mount
      a) cd cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
      b) umount /  (or any other mounted directory)
      c) mount -b c:/ /
         OF IMPORTANCE: when remounting the root "/" directory do not                         
issue any command except the mount command                            
after the umount command.

4) You may need to:
   A) cd cygnus/b19/H-i386-cygwin32/bin
   B) rm sh.exe
   C) cp bash.exe sh.exe

5) Have a look at the other URL's in the list.

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

----Original Message Follows----
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 1998 19:59:57 +0930
From: Guest <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: b19: Sh configure Win 95

When i try and run "sh configure" for PennMUSH 1.7.2p7 it give me lots
of cmd: not found and other thing when consulting the PennMUSH windows
compiling person he said that he thinks it is caused by Win 95 not
emulating properly, this he says breaks some scripts including the
configure script. I was wondering if there is a fix or something to help
me with this.

Tim
Please mail me as i don't cheak the mailing list.

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message 
to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".