Subject: Updated needed for FAQ? (linking msvc objects)
From: [email-masked] (Aaron Denney)

31 Mar 1998 22:55:32 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>

The question "Can I mix objects compiled with msvc++ and gcc?"
currently reads:

Yes, this supposedly works. The key seems to be using MS's LINK.EXE
to do the linking instead of GNU ld. There may be issues with
constructor calls for C++/Obj C.

I thought that the inability of ld to handle this was due to a bug in
the PE handling in B18, and was fixed as of B19?

Also, a clarification on the section "How can I build a relocatable
dll?"

if you do specify a --subsytem <x> flag to ld, the -e entry must come
after the subsystem flag, since the subsystem flag sets a different
default entry point.

-- 
Aaron Denney

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".