Subject: Re: calling GetCommandLine from EGCS 1.0.2 and other EGCS trouble
From: [email-masked]

30 Mar 1998 18:38:51 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
X-Unparseable-Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 14:08:57 MET-1MET DST

From:	LUCKY::AI26         "Michael Lemke, Sternwarte Bamberg, Phone: +49-951-9522216" 27-MAR-1998 12:51:59.87
To:	SMTP%"[email-masked]"
CC:	AI26
Subj:	Re: calling GetCommandLine from EGCS 1.0.2 and other EGCS trouble

In a message of Thu, 26 Mar 1998 21:53:03 -0600
Received on Fri, 27 Mar 1998 04:53:11 MET-1MET DST

Mumit Khan <[email-masked]> wrote
to: Michael Lemke <[email-masked]>

>Michael Lemke <[email-masked]> writes:
>> On the weekend, I installed b19 with the b19.1 dll, egcs 1.0.2 from Mumit's
>> site and tried to recompile a simple program for b19 that worked fine on b18.
>
>Could you please post or email a sample code that I can test? 
>

Not at the moment.  But I've figured out more:  B18 seems to always tack
a space at the end of the command line, also from a DOS box.  B19 does
not, just like what you would expect from Unix shells.  I was relying on
this space being there.  As this happens also in a DOS box I guess
cygwin32[b19].dll is doing this.  I also found that double quotes are
added:

	BASH> a.out foo\ bar\ baz

returns literally

	a.out "foo bar baz"

with GetCommandLine.  Note that I didn't type the quotes.  B18 then also
has that additional space at the end.

About my other question:  does -Wl,--subsystem,windows not work with g77
or was I doing something wrong?  

Thanks for you reply,
Michael

--
Michael Lemke
Sternwarte Bamberg, University of Erlangen-Nürnberg, Germany
([email-masked] or [email-masked])
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".