Subject: Re: BSAFE libraries
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

30 Mar 1998 18:37:09 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <5040400014213004000002L042*@MHS>
To: David Bork <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]

David Bork <[email-masked]> writes:
> Has anyone been able to link in libraries from MSVC 2.0 to gcc compiled
> programs? I keep on getting flooded with messages like this:
> 
> /Cygnus/B19/H-i386-cygwin32/i386-cygwin32/bin/ld.exe:
> ../../bsafe/library/msvc20/LIB/libbsafe.a(algobj.obj): warning: ignoring
> duplicate section `.text'

Right now the binary utilities (linker etc) can't deal with MSVC
generated libraries, but Mikey has done lots of work in this area.
I actually have his patches integrated into a recent binutils snapshot 
that I use for another target (i386-uwin). Works quite well.

Hopefully all this will someday make its way into the official sources.

If you need a copy of the linker with Mikey's patches integrated, let
me know and I'll create a binary for you. Beware of the usual `work in
progress' problems however.

I believe Mikey has a new patched 'ld.exe' as well. Right, Mikey?

Regards,
Mumit

Cc: Mikey
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".