Subject: Re: Trying to login in
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

29 Mar 1998 18:52:13 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------4875FD30A14C6BC215C078D9"
To: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------4875FD30A14C6BC215C078D9
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Serguei was right, the CRLF at /etc/passwd and /etc/group was
causing the "STATUS VIOLATION" stuff. Now I'm able to log in.
Some new questions are:

1) if I telnet in from a Unix machine the characters are not
echoed back after typing. Is it possible to fix this with any
option?
2) the telnetd daemon recognizes my passwords, but the ftpd
daemon does not. Is it supposed to be like this?

This one is tougher. My NT box lives in a Novell network. When I
telnet in, the network drives are not seen. "net use" will tell
me that there are no entries in the  list. But if I want to
reconnect to the network "net use x: \\server\volume" it will
tell me that x: is already in use. Anyone knows what's going on
and if I can access the network?

Thanks in advance for your responses,
Walter Garcia-Fontes.

--------------4875FD30A14C6BC215C078D9
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter 
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 3 542 27 22
tel;fax:        +34 3 542 1746
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------4875FD30A14C6BC215C078D9--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".