Subject: RE: Command line debuggers of MS Visual C/C++?
From: [email-masked] (Zow Terry Brugger)

29 Mar 1998 14:16:58 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Geoff Hart'" <[email-masked]>,
        "[email-masked]"
	 <[email-masked]>

I saw something in the B18 FAQ about GCC producing a compatible debugging 
format, but that was probably for VC++ 4.2 . 5.0 uses a different format 
(which makes switching between the two so difficult: all the developers 
must be upgraded simultaneously). If you're using VC++ 5.0 and it's not 
working for you, give 4.2 a shot (if you can find a copy) and see if that 
does the trick.

Hope this helps!
Terry

-----Original Message-----
From:	Geoff Hart
Sent:	Monday, March 23, 1998 2:04 PM
To:	[email-masked]
Subject:	Command line debuggers of MS Visual C/C++?

Hi,

Is there a way to debug code compiled by the Microsoft compilers (i.e.
not gcc) from the command line?  I've used WinDbg for local debugging,
that works fine.  But what I'd like to do is be able to telnet into a
box, and debug that way (maybe even telnet from a Sun, HP, or IBM).

I know gdb can do what I want (command-line debugging), but it doesn't
seem to understand the debug information provided by the MS compilers.

Thanks,
Geoff

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".