Subject: Re: AC_PATH_PROG fails if blanks within PATH
From: [email-masked] (Earnie Boyd)

29 Mar 1998 03:59:33 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]

>To: [email-masked]
>Subject: AC_PATH_PROG fails if blanks within PATH
>From: Stefan Hornburg <[email-masked]>
>Date: 20 Mar 1998 12:28:15 -0100
>
>
>The program itclsh is located at //D/Program Files/Itcl2.2/bin/itclsh.
>Configure doesn't find the program. Moving the binary to a directory
>without blanks in the path, configure works fine. The corresponding
>snippet of configure.in is:
>
>dnl Check the presence of [incr Tcl]
>dnl --------------------------------
>
>AC_PATH_PROG(ITCLSH,itclsh)
>if test -z "$ITCLSH"; then
>	itcl_default=no
>else
>	itcl_default=yes
>fi
>
>Is there a known workaround ?

"//D/Program Files/Itcl2.2/bin/itclsh"

or

//D/Program\ Files/Itcl2.2/bin/itclsh

Either of the should work, 'though I haven't tested it.

>
>Ciao
>		Stefan
>-- 

Hope this helps,

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
[email-masked]
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".