Subject: Re: Problem with TCL/TK 8.0 and GNU-WIN32 B19 / EGCS-1.0.2
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

29 Mar 1998 03:29:45 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

On Tue, 24 Mar 1998 [email-masked] wrote:

> You can not have compiled tcl/tk under gcc, because there are constructs
> that gcc does not handle, and definitions from Microsoft's <Win32/winbase.h>
> and <Win32/winnt.h> that do not appear in the GNU <windows32/*.h> files and
> that appear in tcl/tk.

You meant to say "*I* could not ...". See, just because *you* can't do 
it, it does not mean that others more capable than you cannot. Please 
stop spreading misinformation all over the net (comp.lang.tcl, gnu.gcc, 
etc). It reflects badly on you, and more importantly, you're not doing 
the rest of the folks who actually *contribute* any favors in the process.

See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/tcl/ for pre-built copies
for both cygwin32 and mingw32.

The tcl/tk source that comes with B19 builds cleanly out of the box for
cygwin32 thanks to the work by Ian Taylor and others at Cygnus, and I 
have tiny changes to that for mingw32. Patches will appear in due time.

Mumit

"If you don't have anything useful to say, better not to say anything at 
all."

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".