Subject: Command Line Length
From: [email-masked] (Brendan Simon)

28 Mar 1998 21:23:52 -0800
Message-ID: <c=AU%a=_%l=[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "'GNU-Win32'" <[email-masked]>

How do people handle long make file commands when linking lots of object
files ?
The standad command prompt with Win95 only handles 128 or so characters.

I assume BASH doesn't have this limitation.  Will bash only run with
CYGWIN32.  I'd prefer a MinGW32 port if it is available.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the standard windows command
prompt to handle more than 128 characters.  This is the most preferable
solution because most of the engineers at work are UNIX (read UNIX
shell) illiterate.

Brendan Simon
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".