Subject: Re: Question on STL
From: [email-masked] (Christopher Faylor)

28 Mar 1998 11:17:08 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

In article <[email-masked]>,
Mumit Khan  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>The C++ front-end that comes with Gnu-Win32 b19 is rather old and broken 
>in quite a few ways; I recommend that you replace the dev. toolchain with 
>my pre-built EGCS 1.0.2 distribution. You should also upgrade the binary 
>utilities (linker, assembler, etc) available from the same place.
>
>See http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ for download
>and installation info. All it takes is a download and unpacking into the 
>existing Cygnus B19 tree.

I can testify that Mumit's EGCS/binutils is great stuff.  It cured a couple
of internal gcc compiler errors that I had and it seems to create smaller
executables.  Downloading and installing the binaries is time well spent.
-- 
http://www.bbc.com/	[email-masked]			"Strange how unreal
VMS=>UNIX Solutions	Boston Business Computing	 the real can be."
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".