Subject: Re: bash and '&'
From: [email-masked] (raf)

26 Mar 1998 18:25:46 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

Wei Ku wrote:

>>I want to leave a simple program running after quiting the shell, and
>>even logging off. It's done under unix by adding '&'. I failed to do
>>this using cygwin32. Is it supposed to behave the same way under
>>cygwin32? What should I do?

>As far as I can tell, the only shell that will do what you describe is bash.
>Did you run bash or sh when you log in ?

i thought this was done with 'nohup'.
'&' only puts the process in the backgroup.
it doesn't make it ignore the HUP and QUIT signals,
or does it?

raf

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".