Subject: [ANN] egcs-1.0.2 for Gnu-Mingw32 released
From: [email-masked] (Mumit Khan)

26 Mar 1998 18:14:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

I'd like to pre-announce egcs-1.0.2 release for i386-mingw32. Hopefully 
the "well-tested" release will on my site by the evening of March 25, 
1998.

What's in this package?
  
  egcs-1.0.2: The compilers for C, C++, ObjC and F77 plus runtime
    libraries.

  binutils-980303: The GNU binary utilities (assembler, linker,
    windres, etc).

  Mingw runtime: Colin Peters' latest Mingw 980309 snapshot + plus 
    small local changes.

  Windows32api: Heavily modified windows32api 0.1.2. 98% of the patches
    are from Colin, and 2% extracted from Cygnus.

  libg++-2.8.0: I've included HJ Lu's libg++-2.8.0-980306 release.

Where?
  
  Web: http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/
  FTP: ftp://ftp.xraylith.wisc.edu/pub/khan/gnu-win32/mingw32/releases/

  Please visit the web page before you attempt to download/install. It
  may address problems you might run into.

Installation? 

  Now it's trivial. Just unzip, and set GCC_EXEC_PREFIX environment
  variable and add the binaries to your PATH! That's it! really. Please
  follow the instructions in the INSTALL file in the download area.

Disk space?
   
  About 30M, give or take a few.

Where are the rest of the utilities, such as make and gdb?
  
  Jan-Jaap has made most of these tools available from his site, and I 
  see no reason to duplicate them. His site can be reached from the 
  "Related Sites" on my egcs page.

MSVCRT vs CRTDLL runtimes?
  
  The default distribution links with and uses CRTDLL.DLL, which is
  guaranteed to be on *every* W95/NT system shipped. If there's 
  interest, 'll also upload the add-on to make it work with MSVCRT.DLL, 
  which is shipped with newer versions of W95/NT, as well as with MS 
  packages such as MS Explorer.

Where to report bugs?

  Report configuration and Win32 specific bugs to me, GCC specific bugs 
  egcs-bugs, and always copy gnu-win32 mailing list so others can see it
  as well. If you send me email, please do have patience, since I usually 
  do not have the time to respond to each email right away.

Regards,
Mumit -- [email-masked]
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".