Subject: minor Xterm startup problems
From: [email-masked] (Guy Gascoigne - Piggford)

26 Mar 1998 11:44:15 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
To: [email-masked]

The X toolkit stuff is great, and really goes to show what a solid
foundation the Cygnus port has become.  Really well done to all involved!

I have most of X up and running using the Exceed X-Server, when I start an
xterm I get:

---
Warning: locale not supported by C library, locale unchanged
Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set to C
Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default
Failed to open input method
---

My .Xdefaults is pretty simple:

---
XTerm*scrollBar: true
XTerm*saveLines: 500
---

But I don't know enough about what is going on to know how to get rid of
these messages.  I'd like to simply be able to start an xterm from the
desktop, and I can, but because it generates this output it creates a
console window.  If I start an xterm from bash then I find that I while I
can exit bash, the bash window that created the xterm won't close until the
xterm exits, in fact it won't close until it's last indirect child exits.

Any suggestions?

Guy

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".