Subject: TTYs and non-cygwin code...
From: [email-masked] (John Kubiatowicz)

25 Mar 1998 09:32:50 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
To: [email-masked]

Forgive me if this is a misunderstanding, but is it the case that one
cannot launch non-cygwin interactive applications from bash when tty
support is turned on?  I have seen this behavior for some applications,
looked back through the archives, and seem to have seen that statement
made.  I am using B19.1 with the latest coolview dll from Sergey.

If this actually the case, can I put in a serious plea that this be
"fixed"?  Unfortunately, I always want TTY support turned on, since I
want to be able to use cygwin code that uses tty support at any
time... Is this simply a temporary problem?  

Also, I still get lockups on my win95 laptop, even with the latest
fixes.  What will happen, is that I will launch some application through
BASH and it will lock up.  Eventually, I end up rebooting my machine,
only to find that some application called "winoldapp" is locked up and
needs to be killed.  Does this help at all?

--KUBI--
Professor John Kubiatowicz
Computer Science Division
673 Soda Hall, Berkeley

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".