Subject: Problems with .rc files
From: [email-masked] (Jason Dagit)

25 Mar 1998 09:30:27 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: [email-masked]
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Ok, you people have helped me get this far, can you help with this
problem?

I downloaded wxWindows.  After much hacking about I got it to compile. 
But, before I could do that I had to download a file called rcl.exe and
another one called rsrc.exe.  Does anyone know how to get them to work? 
I mean, I figured out how to set their paths and they can find all the
files they need, but they don't seem to do anything.  I have Win95 (not
NT) and B19.1.  I do something like "rcl -i generic.rc -r generic.res"
then I can do "rsrc generic.res generic.exe".  This (as far as I can
tell) is supposed to link the resource file generic.rc to my
application, but when I run generic.exe it is the same as it was
before.  BTW, I'm following an example I found on MSDN for making a
"GENERIC" application, the rc file is supposed to give me a file menu
and an about dialog, but something isn't working correctly.

Thank you,
Jason
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".