Subject: Trying to login in
From: [email-masked] (Walter Garcia-Fontes)

25 Mar 1998 09:08:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------80E57A2850DBF034A1D907D0"
To: Gnuwin32 <[email-masked]>

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------80E57A2850DBF034A1D907D0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dear list,

I'm trying to set the remote tools by Ohapkin working on my NT
box. Thanks to Jonathan Lunt who has helped me in a couple of
private mails. I still have problems though to get the thing
running.

My setup: NT 4.0 SP3, on a FAT, P200, cygwinb19.1, with the
coolview replacement.
CYGWIN32=tty
My mount table is:
c:\usr           /usr                native      text=binary
\\.\tape1:       /dev/st1            native      text=binary
\\.\tape0:       /dev/st0            native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/null           native      text=binary
\\.\NUL:         /dev/nul            native      text=binary
\\.\b:           /dev/fd1            native      text=binary
\\.\a:           /dev/fd0            native      text=binary
c:               /boot               native      text=binary
x:\cygnus\b19\h-i386-cygwin32 /                   native
text=binary

inetd.exe is at /usr/local/sbin. All the rest of cygwin is in the
x disk.

These are all the steps that I did.

I gave all the privileges suggested to the Admin account. I
created /etc/passwd and /etc/group.

I get the inetd service started and running. I had to put
inetd.exe on a local disk (I couldn't start the service if
inetd.exe was at a networked disk). I also had to put
cygwinb19.dll in the NT system32 directory, otherwise it wouldn't
want to start (both .dll are the coolview ones).

When I send a telnet request, my box responds:

Connected to ...
Escape character is '^]'.

CYGWIN32_NT 4.0 (CJT151) (tty0)

login: myaccount
Password:
Login incorrect
login: myaccount
Password:
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) Dumping stack trace to
login.exe.core
Connection closed by foreign host.

The first time I entered an incorrect password, the second time I
entered the correct one. So telnetd seems to recognize my
password. I tried letting the inetd service interact with the
desktop and not, but I always get the STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
Login.exe.core looks like this:
/etc 10:26:28 529> cat /boot/winnt/system32/login.exe.core
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) Exception trapped!
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) exception C0000005 at 401476
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) exception: ax 0 bx 10055630 cx
0 dx 0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) exception: si 1 di 10055635 bp
240FDF0 sp 240F
B54
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) exception is:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) Stack trace:
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 0: sp = 0x240F884, pc =
0x10009E40
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 1: sp = 0x240F9A4, pc =
0x77FA4512
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 2: sp = 0x240F9C8, pc =
0x77F98EEB
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 3: sp = 0x240FA54, pc =
0x77F86266
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 4: sp = 0x240FDF0, pc =
0x100069E9
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 5: sp = 0x240FF94, pc =
0x100069FB
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 6: sp = 0x240FFA0, pc =
0x4026B5
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 7: sp = 0x240FFB0, pc =
0x40103A
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 8: sp = 0x240FFC0, pc =
0x77F1B304
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) frame 9: sp = 0x240FFF0, pc =
0x0
(c:\usr\local\bin\login.exe 1056) End of stack trace

When I try to ftp to my box, then it does not recognize my
password.

Thanks in advance for all the help that you can give me,
Yours,
Walter Garcia-Fontes.

--------------80E57A2850DBF034A1D907D0
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=us-ascii; name="vcard.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Description: Card for Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="vcard.vcf"

begin:          vcard
fn:             Walter  <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>
n:              <B> Garcia-Fontes </B>;Walter 
org:            <EM> Departament d'Economia  -  Universitat Pompeu Fabra </em>
adr:            <A HREF="http://www.econ.upf.es"> http://www.econ.upf.es </A>;;Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27;Barcelona;;08005;Spain
email;internet: [email-masked]
title:          <A HREF="http://puna.upf.es"> http://puna.upf.es</A>
tel;work:       +34 3 542 27 22
tel;fax:        +34 3 542 1746
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: TRUE
version:        2.1
end:            vcard

--------------80E57A2850DBF034A1D907D0--

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".