Subject: How do you strip a dll ?
From: [email-masked] (Steve Biskis)

25 Mar 1998 06:52:44 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: <[email-masked]>

Hello all,

Quick couple o' questions for you gnu-win32 dll experts:

I never have any problems running stripped .exe's.
However, when I strip my .dll and then run an app that
accesses it, I get a pop-up that says:

"The application or DLL </path/file> is not a valid Windows NT image. 
Please check this against your installation diskette."

Are there some special flags that need to be provided to strip dlls ?

Also, on a related note, I find that my dll's are never found by
my delphi .exe's unless I fully specify their paths in LoadLibrary.
This is never the case with gnu-win32 .exe's and yes I ABSOLUTELY
KNOW that they're in my search path.  I launch everything either
graphically
or from the stock MS command shells.  I NEVER use sh or ash or bash.

Thanks,

da bisk

-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".