Subject: Re: Problems rewriting mount.c for mingw32 (egcs/gcc)
From: [email-masked] (Bartlee A. Anderson)

25 Mar 1998 01:50:24 -0800
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
References: <[email-masked]>
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
To: [email-masked]

Bartlee A. Anderson wrote:
> 
> Enclosed is mount.c
> This kind of works, but I'm unclear as to how the enumeration fails.
> You see the same strings for different entries. It may be due to the
> silent mounts, but I can't imagine.
> Is it a coding problem (is something more complex needed/or is it
> brain-dead)? What are the silent mounts for?

Yes it was brain-dead. The string value returned is hex and started
to fail somehow at the 0A mount for some reason. ;)
so I changed the atoi to do asciihex to int conversion.

So the remaining questions still remain. What structures become
disconnected when you run mount --reset? Putting the entries back
doesn't help the shell you're in. Are structures filled on bash
startup related to the file mounts? What's the silent option for?

My mount now looks like the standard b18 mount, except that my
cdrom drive was out of place order. Everything else was exact.

Getting there.

                                     convert from hex ascii to number
                                                      V    
>                 strcpy(punix, get_mount_value_data(atoi(lpszName), \
>
-- 
Bartlee A. Anderson     System Test (Interfaces-Tools-Automation-ISDN)
Rockwell International                    Electronic Commerce Division
300 Bauman Ct.                                [email-masked]
MS 933-605      Opinions my own, not Rockwell's   VOICE (630) 227-8975
Wood Dale, IL 60191                               FAX   (630) 227-9771
-
For help on using this list (especially unsubscribing), send a message to
"[email-masked]" with one line of text: "help".